Thursday, May 29, 2008

Life in Suburbia

Stay at home mommy life is fascinating to me. After having worked 90 hour weeks until my oldest was 3, I am relatively new to this (he is 5 now). The dynamics of the school playground moms, the neighborhood moms, the Starbucks moms, the gym moms...I feel like it is high school all over again. When you enter a new "circle" all the moms sniff you out, check out your ass and see if it is smaller than theirs - if it is - forget about finding a friend there. If there is anything I have learned, it is that stay at home moms LOVE UGLY FAT FRIENDS with HORRIBLE children! So you can imagine how hard it is for this hottie mom of two fabulous kids to find friends..ha! Seriously though, I started finding myself putting myself down, not showering for 4 days, anything to downplay myself because the shabbier I looked, the more friends I made. Nothing like a good boost to the self esteem.

So I keep all my old "single days" girlfriends around and am going out with them tonite. 2 are single, fabulous, dress like rockstars and just gorgeous - yet are just the most gorgeous women I know and their butts are DEFINITELY smaller than mine. The other two are taken but no kids, work full-time and just have their shit together..also a refreshing change.

So I can't wait to actually shower today, do my hair and put on a hot outfit and hit the town tonight with my ladies who expect NOTHING less than that for me. Because that is where true friendship lies.

Rock on.