Thursday, May 28, 2009

Missing..

happiness - please return when found.

I'm good. I have good days..and bad days. Lately I feel like my life is just one big Lifetime movie waiting to be written. The amount of drama going on around me, not necessarily always involving me, is huge. I have a close friend (37) who is thinking of leaving her husband (and 2 young kids) of 20 years for her 20-something trainer. Okay. I have another old friend who just found out her husband of 9 years has been having an affair with another mom in her son's class for 6 months and they are moving in together next week. After 9 years of marriage and 2 kids. I have a handful of close friends that want nothing else but to go out every night and meet men and feel hot and young again. All of them are married with multiple children. I have been married for 7 years and have not experienced any of this until the last 6 months with friends..why is all this happening now?

I have been on all sides of this cube-like coin in the last 6 months - so I don't judge..just..wonder at the insanity of it all.

What is going ON in the world today? When did everyone suddenly become bitter and disgruntled with their life? When did everyone start wishing to start over again and why? When did everyone just become...unhappy? Is it just my peer group? Or have I surrounded myself with a bunch of lunatics? Does this mean I am a lunatic too? Well..don't answer that.

On the fitness end, I see so many people struggling...myself included. The amount of "fit" friends I have..both locally and "online" that have managed to throw on 20lbs that they can't shake over the last year is amazing to me. I have a friend who is staying on antidepressants so she can stay skinny. Not depressed, just wants a quick fix. Great, good for you.

I don't think any of this is coincidence. Is it the world? The economy? A bad Chinese year? What is UP people?

Come on, get happy.
Rock on,
Paula