Monday, July 6, 2009

Impossible is Nothing

The first year I rode the Pan Mass that slogan was on a bracelet I wore the entire 180 miles. Superpowers, mind games, whatever - it worked.

In 4 weeks, I ride again. This year is a little bittersweet for me - through the course of the year, Steve's dad and I have had a minor falling out and are actually not speaking right now. I have tried quite a few times but he is just..unresponsive. He got into a car accident in April - actually, he got into his car half drugged out after an MRI and decided he should drive himself around without a seatbelt and almost killed himself. I was so furious I refused to call and offer sympathy. There are times he gets so caught up in being ill and being catered to, that I think part of him was just mad that the cancer is going away and someone might not pay attention to him anymore. Whatever, the case..and however wrong I was with my feelings, it is what it is right now. 13 years the man has fought cancer and he almost took his life because he didn't want to wrinkle his damn shirt. Ugh.

Anyway..it is strange for me this year but it is not just for him that I do this..I do this for my friend, Renee, who at 37 is an Ovarian cancer survivor and single mom; for my friend, Jen, who continues to battle brain cancer, run her own foundation all WHILE training and running marathons to this day (www.jogginforthenoggin.com)..and for the so many other cancer fighters out there that inspire me..we must find a cure.

To check out my Pan Mass profile, click HERE.

Impossible is nothing.

Rock on,
Paula